Pinterest is a social network that allows you to share and view contents according to your interest. Contents on Pinterest are shared with a series of bookmarks, called pins. Those pins are not the actual content itself but it’s visual representation. Pinterest users bookmark those pins individually or in groups called boards. These pins can contain a link to blogs, videos and so on.
Pinterest for Bloggers?
With visual attractions and a curated interface, Pinterest attracts lots and lots of visitors. It is becoming widely popular year after year. If you are a blogger and avoiding using Pinterest then you are missing out. Many Bloggers obtain a huge amount of traffic just from Pinterest alone.
But today we aren’t here to talk about that. Rather we will talk about how we can view analytics of your website by claiming it with your respective Pinterest account.
How to verify your website on Pinterest?
As you know, Pinterest allows you to keep track of your average daily impressions and daily visitors. This makes it easier to get the idea if you are doing well or things should change.
Claiming your website can be hectic. There are many ways to do it but I will share the easiest one.
Download Yoast SEO
For this, you have to install the Yoast SEO plugin, which you should have already. It is a very important plugin for SEO and includes many features you can take advantage of. But if you still don’t have this plugin then;
- Goto your WordPress admin dashboard
- Head over to Plugins > Add New
- Search Yoast SEO and install the first one on the list
- After installation, activate this plugin
- Then you are good to go
After you enable your Yoast plugin, it will show up on your WordPress menus.
Steps to claim your Website on Pinterest:
Now, let us begin the claiming process.
- First login your Pinterest account. After that, click the top right icon where you can find options for settings, Help, and Logout.
- Goto settings. Scroll to the middle of the page and you will find the option that says Claim Website.
- Enter your site name and click ‘Claim Website‘.
- Then you will find two methods to do the thing. One says to ‘Add HTML tag‘ and the other ‘Upload HTML file‘. Click on Add HTML tag, but don’t click Next yet. This step is important.
- You will see a meta tag which they say to copy into your head.html file. Without clicking next, just copy the whole tag and leave this page as it is(Do not close the page). Create a new tab on your browser and open your WordPress admin panel.
- Now, this is where Yoast SEO will come into play. Goto SEO > Social then click the Pinterest tab.
- You will see a tab to put your copied meta tag. Paste the tag from before to Pinterest Confirmation section and hit Save changes.
- You can see that Yoast cuts your full tag into just the Pinterest id. Hit, Save changes again to be fully sure.
- This is the final phase. Goto your Pinterest account where you left off. Hit Next Now and only now.
- Click on Submit and you are almost done. It will take some time to claim your site. Don’t worry, usually, it takes less than 10 minutes. Hit ‘Save settings‘ and you are done for now.
After your website is claimed you can freely see that analytics you were searching for. This is how to claim our website on Pinterest. Hope this helped you.
If you want other helpful materials for your blogs then check these articles out;